2020 Senorío San Vicente

51.75 42.77

?

_
30 in stock
Gift wrapping possible in cart
Type of Wine Red
Country Spain
Region Rioja
Appellation Rioja (Appellation)
Winery San Vicente
Vintage 2020
Grape Tempranillo
Content (Alc) 0.75 ltr (14.5%)
Drink window 2024 - 2034
View all characteristics Discover more about this wine

The Señorío San Vicente is produced from selected Tempranillo grapes from a south-facing vineyard of 18 hectares located on a calcareous soil in San Vicente de la Sonsierra in Rioja Alta. The vineyard dates back to 1985, so it is more than 30 years old. The destemmed grapes are fermented in stainless steel vats and, after malolactic fermentation, are aged for 19-20 months in new oak barrels, of which 90% are French and the remaining 10% are American. This flagship from Hermanos Eguren has a beautiful shiny bright ruby red color with a nose full of notes of blood orange and more red than black fruit wrapped in aromas of licorice and cumin. The medium-bodied palate shows round, creamy tannins and gives the wine a satin texture

The winery was founded by the famous Eguren family . Known for Sierra Cantabria and the iconic Teso la Monja.

FACT: In the Tab: Appendix you will find the official fact sheet of this beautiful wine. We will send it to you automatically when you order this wine. The wine is in our conditioned Wine Warehouse and if you pick up the wine you will also receive a nice discount. We are almost next to the highway with plenty of parking. Click here for address

Vineyard for 2020 Senorío San Vicente

The Spanish Winery San Vicente is located in the Rioja in the town of San Vicente de la Sonsierra where everything starts in the La Canoca vineyard located in an exceptional location, with an indigenous variety, the Tempranillo Peludo, which is almost extinct. The excellent conditions there create a complex wine with great aging potential that was named after the winery. Winery San Vicente is part of Sierra Cantabria - run by the famous Eguren family. A search for a wine that shows the true potential of the "Sonsierra Tempranillo" led in 1991 to the establishment of Winery Señorío de San Vicente by the Eguren family. Their philosophy was to create a single wine, San Vicente, from a single vineyard, La Canoca, from a single grape variety Tempranillo Peludo, a variety indigenous to the area, with unique characteristics and low production.

If we go back to the early 1980s, we would see Guillermo Eguren making a selection between vines of the Tempranillo variety from the most balanced old vineyards of the family. He then opted for vines with low vigor, low production and smaller truss sizes. A few years later, in 1985, in one of the higher elevations of the municipality of San Vicente de la Sonsierra, a limited cultivation area of about 18 hectares called La Canoca was planted. In this place, in the 1991 vintage, the first Señorío de San Vicente was born, an example of a single variety planted in a single vineyard and vinified as the exclusive wine of a winery.

More Information
Type of Wine Red
Country Spain
Region Rioja
Appellation Rioja (Appellation)
Winery San Vicente
Grape Tempranillo
Biological certified No
Natural wine No
Vegan No
Vintage 2020
Drinking as of 2024
Drinking till 2034
Alcohol % 14.5
Alcohol free/low No
Content 0.75 ltr
Oak aging Yes
Sparkling No
Dessert wine No
Closure Cork
Parker rating 94
James Suckling rating 93
Tasting Profiles Earthy, Complex, Dry, Aged on wood, Powerful, Spicy, Red fruit, Tannines, Full
Drink moments Indruk maken, Lekker luxe, Open haard, Romantisch
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:2020 Senorío San Vicente
Your Rating

Grandcruwijnen

Which dish goes perfectly with this wine?

Our online smart sommelier will help you!

Latest review

21.02.2024

Matarromera WIN Tempranillo 0%

"Heel lekker maar jammer dat Ik niet kan bij bestellen " CATHERINE MEURISSE

View product review