2021 Framingham Classic Riesling

18.95 15.66
  • Buy 6 for 16.95 14.01 each and save 11%

?

_
4 in stock
Gift wrapping possible in cart
Type of Wine White
Country New Zealand
Region Marlborough
Appellation Marlborough (Appellation)
Winery Framingham
Vintage 2021
Grape Riesling
Content (Alc) 0.75 ltr (12%)
Drink window 2023 - 2029
View all characteristics Discover more about this wine

With the planting of one of the first Riesling vines in 1981, Framingham winery begins its quirky adventure in the Wairau Valley, located in the Marlborough wine-growing region. Framingham's philosophy is "We make wine by our own rules" and they do this by combining small amounts of grapes from different parts of the vineyard, giving the wines the taste and texture that winemaker Andrew Hedley envisions. But also by using experimental techniques and mixing possibilities, Framingham took risks that ultimately paid off.

The Framingham Classic Riesling is made from several plots of riesling in Conders bend. The Riesling grapes are selected entirely by hand, after which the pressing takes place. About 93% of the must is fermented in stainless steel tanks, the remaining 7% is fermented on its lees, after which this part is allowed to age for 2 months in oak barrels, after which both wines are blended into the Framingham Classic Riesling.

This ultimately results in a fruity mouth-filling Spätlese Halbtrocken style white wine. This wine has a complex nose with mandarin, stone fruit and honeysuckle, hints of Belgian beer and mineral undertones. The taste is lively and intense with aromas of orange, lemon and wild peach and honey with a wonderful sweet/sour balance that can best be described as off-dry. Delicious in combination with Asian cuisine, pork dishes and soft cheeses.

Awards 2021

• 95 Points – Wine Rater – NZ
• 93 Points – Cameron Douglas MS – NZ
• 93 Points – Bob Campbell MW - www.therealreview.com – NZ
•  - Michael Cooper's Buyer's Guide to New Zealand Wines – NZ

FACT: In the Tab: Appendix you will find the official fact sheet of this fine wine. We will automatically send it to you when you order this wine. The wine is in our conditioned Wine Warehouse and if you come to pick up the wine you will also receive a nice discount.

Vineyard for 2021 Framingham Classic Riesling

With the planting of one of the first Riesling vines in 1981, Framingham winery began its quirky adventure in the Wairau Valley, located in the Marlborough wine-growing region. Framingham's philosophy is "We make wine by our own rules" and they do this by combining small quantities of grapes from different parts of the vineyard, giving the wines the taste and texture that winemaker Andrew Hedley envisions. But also by using experimental techniques and mixing options, Framingham took risks that ultimately paid off, creating the rich, characteristic and expressive wines.

The Framingham Sustainable Vineyards own 15 hectares of vines divided into small vineyards located in the towns of Conders Bens, Renwick, Dry Hills and Rapaura, among others. The grape varieties Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir and Montepulciano are grown in these vineyards. The Wairau Valley where the various vineyards are located, is a wide river valley that follows the Wairau River from the Spenser Mountains in the west to the Pacific Ocean at Cloudy Bay. The Richmond Mountains to the north separate it from the sunny Nelson region, and the Wither Hills to the south protect the valley from harsh south-east weather.

More Information
Type of Wine White
Country New Zealand
Region Marlborough
Appellation Marlborough (Appellation)
Winery Framingham
Grape Riesling
Biological certified No
Natural wine No
Vegan No
Vintage 2021
Drinking as of 2023
Drinking till 2029
Alcohol % 12
Alcohol free/low No
Content 0.75 ltr
Oak aging No
Sparkling No
Dessert wine No
Closure Screw cap
Promotion Tier Price
Tasting Profiles Aromatic, Floral, Dry, Fresh, Fruity, Lightly sweet, Tense, White fruit
Drink moments Borrelen, Cadeau!, Met vrienden, Summer party, Terras, Voor alledag
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:2021 Framingham Classic Riesling
Your Rating

Grandcruwijnen

Which dish goes perfectly with this wine?

Our online smart sommelier will help you!

Latest review

22.05.2024

2021 Domaine du Petit Clocher Cuveé les Perrières Côteaux du Layon

"Volle body met zoveel leven en diepte door de zuren. Prachtig en onverge..." Claudia

View product review