2023 Domaines Paul Mas Chardonnay Cha Cha-Cha

Rating:
100 % of 100
9.95 8.22

?

_
6 in stock
Gift wrapping possible in cart
Type of Wine White
Country France
Region Languedoc-Rousillon
Appellation Pays d’Oc
Winery Paul Mas
Vintage 2023
Grape Chardonnay
Content (Alc) 0.75 ltr (13.5%)
Drink window 2024 - 2027
View all characteristics Discover more about this wine

Domaines Paul Mas was founded in 1892. The current owner is Jean-Claude Mas and he is without a doubt the pioneer in the revival of the Languedoc as a region for quality wines. Jean-Claude characterizes his wines as 'Le Luxe Rural', rural luxury. With international grape varieties he has given the Languedoc 'new world' allure. And with his fashionable wines from local grapes, he has made the local character of the Languedoc hip again among wine lovers. Hubrecht Duijker rightly calls Jean-Claude Mas a 'wine wizard' and at Grandcruwijnen we are the only ones in the Netherlands who also carry the high-end Grandcru's from Paul Mas.

The Cha Cha-cha is a 100% Chardonnay from Paul Mas. The wines come from a 25-year-old vineyard. The grapes are picked by hand and harvested at night to prevent oxidation.

For vinification, one chooses to do the first maceration for 3 hours with skin contact, which gives the wine some extra spice and releases antioxidants such as flavoides. The grapes/must are then pressed pneumatically. 60% of the must is then placed in American and French oak barrels where it will ferment at low temperature (16°C) for a month. The remaining 40% ferments in stainless steel. 35% of the wine undergoes malolactic fermentation. After this, the wine ages for another 6 months in large oak barrels.

In the glass, the Cha Cha-Cha Chardonnay is bright gold with straw yellow tones. On the nose the wine is very elegant with tropical fruit, pineapple, hazelnuts, lime blossom and quince aromas with a touch of vanilla and toasted bread due to the civilized oak upbringing. In the mouth, wine is rich and soft with a good balance between the fruit, acids and alcohol, making this a very pleasant glass. Drink this Chardonnay at around 10 ° C and is an excellent accompaniment to seafood and fish dishes, but also to white meat and foie gras, soft cheeses, cakes and fruit desserts and is of course also delicious to enjoy on its own. A chardonnay from Paul Mas with great price quality: that is the Cha Cha-Cha Chardonnay.

Vineyard for 2023 Domaines Paul Mas Chardonnay Cha Cha-Cha
More Information
Type of Wine White
Country France
Region Languedoc-Rousillon
Appellation Pays d’Oc
Winery Paul Mas
Grape Chardonnay
Biological certified No
Natural wine No
Vegan No
Vintage 2023
Drinking as of 2024
Drinking till 2027
Alcohol % 13.5
Alcohol free/low No
Content 0.75 ltr
Oak aging Yes
Sparkling No
Dessert wine No
Closure Cork
Tasting Profiles Dry, Fresh, Fruity, Round, White fruit
Drink moments Barbecue, Borrelen, Cadeau!, Met vrienden, Summer party, Terras, Voor alledag
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:2023 Domaines Paul Mas Chardonnay Cha Cha-Cha
Your Rating

Grandcruwijnen

Which dish goes perfectly with this wine?

Our online smart sommelier will help you!

Latest review

21.02.2024

Matarromera WIN Tempranillo 0%

"Heel lekker maar jammer dat Ik niet kan bij bestellen " CATHERINE MEURISSE

View product review