2022 Bibi Graetz Colore Bianco

260.00 214.88

?

_
Only 3 in stock
Gift wrapping possible in cart
Type of Wine White
Country Italy
Region Tuscany
Appellation Toscana
Winery Bibi Graetz
Vintage 2022
Grape Ansonica
Content (Alc) 0.75 ltr (14%)
Drink window 2023 - 2040
View all characteristics Discover more about this wine

Perhaps one of the most beautiful Tucan white wines, but only available in limited quantities. The Colore Bianco comes from an old vineyard overlooking the sea, where the wind, sun and salt break the granite rocks and create sandy soils where the Ansonica variety has been grown for centuries. The 2022 vintage turned out to be warmer than recent years in Tuscany. The training method used in the vineyards and their location on the island of Giglio ensured a low yield with exceptionally healthy grapes.

“Colore Bianco 2022 is a real expression of the Island of Giglio. The centenary vineyard of Pietrabona gave us very deep and complex Ansonica this year. Aromas of peach, thyme and flowers immediately invade the nose followed by a hint of candied lemon peel. The strength of Colore 2022 is the incredible structure combined with the saline and freshness which lift the wine up to another level.” - Bibi Graetz

Colore Bianco grapes grow on the island of Giglio and come from the Pietrabona vineyard. The vines are planted in thousand-year-old granite soils and trained according to the local cup method, the Alberello alla Gigliese. This method involves training low to the ground on a modified Guyot system that protects the vines from the wind and harsh winters. Each Ansonica grape is picked by hand and transported in baskets to the winery, located in the center of the island in Giglio Castello. After destemming and pressing very carefully with dry ice. After this period of maceration then fermented at low temperatures in stainless steel tanks for 6-7 days. 70% of the must is then stored in barriques for a further 10 days without temperature control. The wine then matures for 7 months in barriques in contact with the lees (bâtonnage), while the remaining 30% ferments in stainless steel.

FACT: In the Tab: Appendix you will find the official fact sheet of this beautiful wine. We will send it to you automatically when you order this wine. The wine is in our conditioned Wine Warehouse and if you pick up the wine you will also receive a nice discount.

Vineyard for 2022 Bibi Graetz Colore Bianco

The Bibi Greatz winery was founded in 2000 in the town of Fiesole in Tuscany. Bibi Graetz is considered one of the most talented winemakers in Tuscany. His father is Israeli and his mother Norwegian, but he was born and raised in Florence. He lives in part of the beautiful old castle with his Norwegian wife and 4 children.

More information about Bibi Greatz

Bibi comes from a family of artists, until he himself decided to take a different path and left the winemaker profession behind. He bought an 8 hectare vineyard with 60 year old vines. Today Graetz is one of the biggest names in Tuscany. The labels on the bottles show that Bibi Graetz comes from an artistic family, as he painted the images on the labels himself. The wines are rare and limited. Testamatta production from just 10,000 bottles per year.

More Information
Type of Wine White
Country Italy
Region Tuscany
Appellation Toscana
Icons Icon Italy
Winery Bibi Graetz
Grape Ansonica
Biological certified No
Natural wine No
Vegan No
Vintage 2022
Drinking as of 2023
Drinking till 2040
Alcohol % 14
Alcohol free/low No
Content 0.75 ltr
Oak aging Yes
Sparkling No
Dessert wine No
Closure Cork
Parker rating 94
James Suckling rating 97
Tasting Profiles Complex, Dry, Aged on wood, Powerful, Mineral, Tense, Full, White fruit
Drink moments Indruk maken, Lekker luxe
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:2022 Bibi Graetz Colore Bianco
Your Rating

Grandcruwijnen

Which dish goes perfectly with this wine?

Our online smart sommelier will help you!

Latest review

21.02.2024

Matarromera WIN Tempranillo 0%

"Heel lekker maar jammer dat Ik niet kan bij bestellen " CATHERINE MEURISSE

View product review