2018 Senorío San Vicente
|Type of Wine||Red|
|Content (Alc)||0.75 ltr (14.5%)|
|Drink window||2023 - 2032|
The Señorío San Vicente is produced from selected Tempranillo grapes from a south-facing 18-hectare vineyard located on a calcareous soil in San Vicente de la Sonsierra in Rioja Alta. The vineyard is from 1985, so more than 30 years old. The destemmed grapes are fermented in stainless steel vats and, after malolactic fermentation, are aged for 19-20 months in new oak barrels, 90% of which are French and the remaining 10% American. The San Vicente is a spectacular vintage which received 96 points from Penin. This flagship from Hermanos Eguren has a beautiful glossy bright ruby red color with a nose full of notes of blood orange and more red than black fruit wrapped in aromas of licorice and cumin. The medium-bodied taste shows round, creamy tannins and gives the wine a satin texture with
The winery was founded by the famous Eguren family . Known for Sierra Cantabria and the iconic Teso la Monja.
FACT: In the Tab Appendix you will find the official fact sheet about this wine.
San Vicente 2018, voted Best Red Wine in La Vanguardia's "La Guía de Vinos 2023".
San Vicente 2018 has been awarded Best Red Wine in "La Guía de Vinos 2023" of La Vanguardia newspaper.
Paganos, 30 of January 2023
San Vicente 2018, has been awarded as Best Red Wine by "La Guía de Vinos" of La Vanguardia. The selection of the wines in the guide has been made from different areas of Spain, considering the exceptional character that gives some of them the estate where they have been produced, or even the ability of a few of them to set trends and show the pulse of a dynamic and innovative sector, in many cases marked by a clear return to the origins.
The Wine Guide 2023, has a great recognition, as it has been awarded at the prestigious Gourmand World Awards.
The awards ceremony will take place on Wednesday, February 8 during Barcelona Wine Week.
ABOUT SAN VICENTE
San Vicente is possible thanks to an extreme care of the vineyard and an artisan method of elaboration. Made from 100% Tempranillo peludo, a variety that is practically extinct. Manual destemping grain by grain, a very demanding selection.
A wine that shows the unique characteristics of the environment, the microclimate, the vineyard and the variety. Its controlled vinification and aging in optimal natural conditions result in a wine acclaimed worldwide since its first harvest in 1991 in Señorío de San Vicente, a winery conceived for this unique wine.
The Spanish Winery San Vicente is located in the Rioja in the town of San Vicente de la Sonsierra where everything starts in the La Canoca vineyard located in an exceptional location, with an indigenous almost no longer common variety the Tempranillo Peludo. The excellent conditions there create a complex wine with a great aging potential that was named after the winery. San Vicente winery is part of Sierra Cantabria - run by the famous Eguren family.
A search for a wine that shows the true potential of the "Sonsierra Tempranillo" led in 1991 to the founding of the Señorío de San Vicente winery by the Eguren family. Their philosophy was to create a single wine, San Vicente, from a single vineyard, La Canoca, from one grape variety Tempranillo Peludo, a variety native to the area, with unique features and low production.
Going back to the early 1980s, we would see Guillermo Eguren making a selection between Tempranillo variety vines from the family's most well-balanced old vineyards. He then opted for vines with low vigor, low production and smaller truss size. A few years later, in 1985, in one of the higher elevation areas of the municipality of San Vicente de la Sonsierra, a limited cultivation area of about 18 hectares was planted called La Canoca.
It was here, in the 1991 vintage, that the first Señorío de San Vicente was born, an example of a single variety planted in a single vineyard and vinified as the exclusive wine of a winery.
Order San Vicente wine online at Grand Cru wines
You can of course buy San Vicente wine online at Grandcruwijnen.nl, the wine trade with one of the largest wine collections in the Netherlands and Belgium, where you can order both special wines and wines for every budget. Quality products, fast delivery & reliable service that is Grand Crus!
|Type of Wine||Red|
|Drinking as of||2023|
|James Suckling rating||93|
|Tasting Profiles||Earthy, Complex, Dry, Aged on wood, Powerful, Spicy, Red fruit, Tannines, Full|
|Drink moments||Indruk maken, Lekker luxe, Open haard, Romantisch|
Login and Registration Form