The history of Latour-Giraud spans three centuries and begins at the end of the 17th century. The oldest known ancestor is Jean Latour-Boillot, born around 1680. At that time, the vine was already the most important wage. The presence of the Latour family on the vineyard appears during the French Revolution through the person of Jean Latour-Mouquin, born in 1748 and grandson of Jean Latour-Boillot. The Giraud family settled in Côte d'Or for a long time, had founded a distillery in the hospital of Meursault around 1845. This distillery operated until 1914, producing Fine of Bourgogne, from the Marc of Bourgogne, as well as the famous Burgundy.
Today it is run by Jean-Pierre Latour who takes care of wine production, winemaking, breeding and marketing. He is assisted in his work by his sister Florence who deals with the administrative part. The vineyards of Latour-Giraud consist of 10 hectares. They only produce classified wines, including about 80% white wines and 20% red wines. The majority of the white vines are in five appellations of 1st Vintage of Meursault: Les Genevrières, Les Charmes, Les Perrières, Les Bouchères and Le Poruzot. With 2 hectares in Meursault Genevrières, Latour-Giraud is the main owner of this excellent first vintage. He also owns a piece of first crop in the northern border of Puligny Montrachet, with the climate of Champs-Canet.