Delas Frères was founded in 1835 by Charles Audibert and Philippe Delas. Already in 1879, the winery had a worldwide reputation and won the first gold medals in Sydney. In 1924 the original name Audibert & Delas was changed to Delas Frères. To meet the increasing demand for wine, an investment was made after the Second World War in the purchase of vineyards in Chateauneuf-du-Pape and Hermitage. In the 1960s, Delas Frères was one of the leading wine companies in the Rhône, with its own vineyards in Hermitage, Cornas, Côte Rôtie and Condrieu. To this day, Delas Frères owns top vineyards in Hermitage such as Les Bessards and Marquise de la Tourette, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Côte Rôtie, Cornas, Condrieu, St. Joseph, Crozes-Hermitage, Côtes du Rhône and Ventoux region.
For more than 180 years, Delas Frères has devoted its heart and soul to producing the best wines from vineyards located in the northern wine estates of the Rhône Valley (Hermitage, Crozes-Hermitage, Saint-Joseph, etc.). The wines of the domain and the special vineyard selections from this region are illustrative of Delas' working method, which is based on the quality of the terroirs.
Delas Frères cultivates 10 hectares on the Hermitage Hill, 17 hectares in Crozes-Hermitage and 2 hectares in Saint-Joseph. Syrah, Marsanne and Roussanne grapes are planted on the steep, granitic slopes of the Hermitage Hill and are grown entirely by hand. The foundation for the quality of Delas Frères wines is formed by the terroir.