Puglia Pop Christmas Edition POP Luminaria & Fico
From 5.75 4.75
To 53.65 44.34
Note: If a wine is not in stock from a sample box/gift package, you can see this in the overview on the right. This will then say 'Out of stock' and will not be charged. Feel free to contact us with questions!
This Puglia Pop Christmas Edition gift box contains the beautiful white Riccio Verdeca and red Luminaria Primitivo di Manduria. One of the highest rated white and red Italian wines with a 4.4* and 4.5* respectively on Vivino. A great beautiful wine in a unique outfit packaged in a beautiful Christmas edition. Great to give and great to receive.View bundle items Discover more about this wine
This Christmas Edition gift box from Puglia Pop contains the two red Puglia POPs, namely the Fico Susumaniello and Luminaria Primitivo di Manduria. One of the highest rated red Italian wines with a 4.5* score on Vivino. Great beautiful wines in a unique outfit packaged in a beautiful Christmas edition. Great to give and great to receive.
FACT FACT: Would you like to learn more about the wine(s) in the package? Then click on 'package contents'. Here you can see the wine(s) in this tasting box and if you click on it, you will see an overview of the wines!
The grapes for the POPs grow according to the old alberello method with a very low yield. In the albarello method, the vines are not supported by posts or wire, so that the vines form a low shrub that resembles a small tree (Alberello means 'young tree' in Italian). It is very expensive to grow grapes in this way because much less vines can be planted per hectare, the many manual work in the vineyard because there is no machine involved, and the low yields. The advantage, however, is that the grapes are of very high quality. The harvest for all 4 Puglia POP wines takes place at the beginning of September and is carried out completely manually. At Puglia POP everything is given a very long time and this ensures, among other things, the high quality. After manual picking, the grapes are immediately pressed, after which the must remains on its lees for more than a month with natural yeasts in stainless steel tanks. After this the wine is transferred to amphorae made of clay where it is allowed to mature for 6 months followed by another 6 months in French and American oak barriques. The Puglia POP wines are unique in their kind. Extremely high quality and that together with a great, very exclusive outfit. Very high Vivino rating by the consumer and, despite a very short existence (these wines only entered the market at the end of 2020), now also great awards from the wine press. Finally, the wine is bottled in its very innovative bottle which insulates the wine 45% better against temperature changes and 100% protected against light than a normal wine bottle. This keeps the wine good for longer and you drink the wine as the winemaker intended without nasty external influences. The bottle is also 100% recyclable and contributes to social projects in Puglia.
GOOD FACT: The Puglia POP Luminaria Primitivo di Manduria and Fico received 4.5* stars in the Press wine special of October 2022 and had the highest ratings of all Primitivio Manduria and Susumaniello wines from the blind tasting.
The video below was made by the same video maker of important design brands such as Fendi, Gucci and Pixar. It has the same unconventional style of the revolutionary PugliaPOP brand.
Puglia POP is not only very well known in Puglia but also in the entire wine world. It shakes things up a lot in a region where volumes are mainly produced, and still (too) often at very questionable quality. Companies such as Rivera and Gianfranco Fino are the ones who have given a kickoff to shift the focus mainly to quality. At Puglia POP they have gone one step further and not only with the wine production but also the bottle is completely overhauled.
The video below was made by the same video producer as major design brands such as Fendi, Gucci, and Pixar. It has the same unconventional style as the revolutionary PugliaPOP brand.
The Salento DOC area (Primitivo di Manduria and Susumaniello), is the most suitable area for the red Puglia POP varieties because of the hot temperatures they have in the summer (up to 45 ° C), and the proximity to the sea which makes the evening is a serious cooldown period. The Verdeca and Negroamaro vineyards are located in the Valle d'Itria area, one of the few areas with hills in all of Puglia. With nice temperature fluctuations during the day and night, it gives nice acidity and great aromas to the wines.
- PUGLIA POP is a completely new project where wines are made of only the highest quality, and the bottles are very innovative and attractive to look at.
- The wine comes from old vines with very low yields of only 1 to 1.5 kg per vine. There is a maximum of only 1 bottle of wine from a bush!
- The vines are grown using the Albarello method, meaning that the vines are not supported by posts or iron wire. The vines form a low shrub that resembles a small tree (Alberello means 'young tree' in Italian). It is very expensive to grow grapes in this way because fewer vines can be planted per hectare and machines cannot be used. This ultimately gives very low yields, but the advantage is that the grapes are of very high quality.
- The harvest of all 4 Puglia POP wines takes place in early September and is carried out completely manually. At Puglia POP, everything is given a very long time, which ensures, among other factors, high quality. The fermentation is always very long and in all cases, lees with the natural yeasts remain. After this, the wine is transferred to amphorae made of clay where it is allowed to age for many more months, and the red wines are then aged for another 6 months in French and American oak barriques. All wines are also always aged for a few months to six months before the wine becomes available.
- Lastly, the wine is bottled in its highly innovative bottle which insulates the wine 45% better against temperature changes, and 100% better protected against light than a normal wine bottle. This keeps the wine good for longer and you drink the wine as the winemaker intended, without unpleasant external influences. The bottle is also 100% recyclable and contributes to sustainable projects in Puglia.
|2021 Puglia Pop Luminaria||Puglia||24.95|
|2019 Puglia Pop Fico||Puglia||22.95|
|Puglia Pop Christmas Edition Geschenkendoos voor 2 flessen Puglia POP||5.75|
Login and Registration Form