2022 Envinate Albahra

17.85 14.75

?

_
Only 3 in stock
Gift wrapping possible in cart
Type of Wine Red
Country Spain
Region La Mancha
Winery Envinate
Vintage 2022
Grape Garnacha Moravia Agria
Content (Alc) 0.75 ltr (12%)
Drink window 2023 - 2029
View all characteristics Discover more about this wine

Roberto Santana, Alfonso Torrente, Laura Ramos and José Martínez are the 4 winemakers of Envínate. They had started to provide onoenological advice but decided to combine this with their own wines in the same areas in which they also advise. Their philosophy is to create fresh, crisp wines from local grapes that reflect the unique terroir and Atlantic climate. The results speak for themselves: honest and interesting wines. However, this Albahra ("little lake") is their Mediterranean wine, which nevertheless remains light-footed and elegant in character. Made from 70% Tintorera, from a small vineyard in Almansa, 3 hectares with a clay-limestone soil. The other 30% is Moravia Agria, a grape of which only 50 hectares are still planted throughout Spain. This is a grape with high acidity and little color. The vineyard is located in Manchuela on a clay-limestone soil with a sandy top layer.

The Albahra is a blend of 70% Garnacha Tintorera from the Almansa zone and 30% Moravia Agria from Manchuela. The two grapes are fermented separately with part of whole bunches in concrete and with native yeasts. The Garnacha matured for eight months in concrete and the Moravia in neutral 228 liter barrels. It has around 13% alcohol and good freshness, good structure and round tannins. It is juicy and supple and with the acidity of Moravia and the juicy fruit of the Grarnacha you get an elegant wine. The wine has a bright ruby red color and is aromatic, pure, precise and attractive. It is medium-bodied with silky with very round tannins. Parker writes in his review: " This is one of the ost incredible bargains from Spain "

Vineyard for 2022 Envinate Albahra

Envínate (translates as "wine itself") is the brainchild of 4 friends, winemakers Roberto Santana, Alfonso Torrente, Laura Ramos and José Martínez. This gang of four was founded in 2005 while studying oenology at the University of Miguel Hernandez in Alicante. After graduating, they formed a winemaking consultancy, which evolved into Envínate, a project focused on exploring distinctive plots of land, mainly in the Atlantic regions of Ribeira Sacra and the Canary Islands. Their shared goal is to make very pure and authentic wines that express the terruño of each parcel in a clear and concise way. To this end, no chemicals are used in any of the Envínate vineyards, all plots are picked by hand, the grapes are trodden and the wines are fermented exclusively with wild yeasts, with a varying proportion of whole grape bunches included. Before maturing, the wines are aged in old barrels and concrete, and sulfur is only added at bottling when necessary. The result is some of the most exciting and honest wines produced in Spain today.

More Information
Type of Wine Red
Country Spain
Region La Mancha
Winery Envinate
Grape Garnacha, Moravia Agria
Biological certified No
Natural wine No
Vegan No
Vintage 2022
Drinking as of 2023
Drinking till 2029
Alcohol % 12
Alcohol free/low No
Content 0.75 ltr
Oak aging Yes
Sparkling No
Dessert wine No
Closure Cork
Parker rating 95
James Suckling rating 94
Tasting Profiles Complex, Dark fruit, Dry, Aged on wood, Powerful, Tannines, Full
Drink moments Barbecue, Indruk maken, Lekker luxe, Open haard
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:2022 Envinate Albahra
Your Rating

Grandcruwijnen

Which dish goes perfectly with this wine?

Our online smart sommelier will help you!

Latest review

21.02.2024

Matarromera WIN Tempranillo 0%

"Heel lekker maar jammer dat Ik niet kan bij bestellen " CATHERINE MEURISSE

View product review