2021 Alois Lageder Porer Pinot Grigio BIO

25.95 21.45

?

_
6 in stock
Gift wrapping possible in cart
Type of Wine White
Country Italy
Region Trentino
Appellation Alto Adige
Winery Alois Lageder
Vintage 2021
Grape Pinot Gris
Content (Alc) 0.75 ltr (12%)
Drink window 2022 - 2027
View all characteristics Discover more about this wine

The Pinot Grigio grape variety, also known as Grauburgunder or Pinot Gris, is currently the most widely grown white wine variety in Alto Adige. The places subject to Mediterranean influences around Magrè and Salorno have predominantly calcareous soils with a high sand and gravel content and are perfect for cultivating this grape variety of the noble Pinot family.

This Pinot Grigio is produced by the Italian winery Alois Lageder located in the Trentino wine region. The winery in Alto Adige has some 50 hectares of its own vineyards, which are managed on the basis of biodynamic principles. The holistic approach of this winery is reflected in its wine-growing activities, its long-standing relationships with numerous grape growers and their ambition to create awareness for an agriculture in tune with nature. "We are not winemakers" says Alois Lageder, descendant of a family that has been passionate about wine for 4 generations. 'We see our role more as that of a midwife, coach and teacher. Our task is to accompany the grapes in good health and with the utmost care and to encourage the successful development of our wines in all respects.

100% Biodynamic, Demeter certified and the name Tenutæ Lageder on the bottle. More respect for nature, our earth, also seen as part of a larger planetary universe is hardly imaginable. Lageder is really a forerunner in this. And what primeval wines that live on. Everything in this wine exudes strength, health, purity, resilience, and flavor intensity. Pinot grigio from the Porer vineyard, where horses plow the sandy soil of gravel and limestone. 80% of the wine is fermented and kept on its own fine sediment in stainless steel tanks. The young wine is then aged for 6 months in large barrels made of Slavonian wood. The remaining 20% is fermented and raised in French oak barriques.

The Alois Lageder Porer Pinot Grigio is a sparkling straw yellow in color with green shimmer. Lush nose with clear aromas that are so characteristic of the pinot grigio. Citrus notes and spicy grape skin with a light wood touch. Clean and pure in the taste, full bodied, pure and elegant, soft and greasy with a fresh aftertaste and mineral touch. Pure and delicate, beautifully integrated in terms of fruit, wood use and minerality. This is so nice! Wonderful wine with starters with (white) meat or fish and delicious with dishes with shellfish, sea fish, pâtés and terrines, poultry, white meat and mushrooms.

Vineyard for 2021 Alois Lageder Porer Pinot Grigio BIO
More Information
Type of Wine White
Country Italy
Region Trentino
Appellation Alto Adige
Winery Alois Lageder
Grape Pinot Gris
Biological certified Yes
Natural wine No
Vegan No
Vintage 2021
Drinking as of 2022
Drinking till 2027
Alcohol % 12
Alcohol free/low No
Content 0.75 ltr
Oak aging No
Sparkling No
Dessert wine No
Closure Cork
Parker rating 91
James Suckling rating 91
Tasting Profiles Aromatic, Dry, Fresh, Fruity, Spicy, White fruit
Drink moments Borrelen, Cadeau!, Met vrienden, Summer party, Terras, Voor alledag
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:2021 Alois Lageder Porer Pinot Grigio BIO
Your Rating

Grandcruwijnen

Which dish goes perfectly with this wine?

Our online smart sommelier will help you!

Latest review

21.02.2024

Matarromera WIN Tempranillo 0%

"Heel lekker maar jammer dat Ik niet kan bij bestellen " CATHERINE MEURISSE

View product review