2020 Château Rieussec Sauternes Premier Grand Cru Classé
|Type of Wine||Red|
|Grape||Muscadelle Sauvignon Blanc Semillon|
|Content (Alc)||0.75 ltr (14%)|
|Drink window||2023 - 2047|
Château Rieussec, together with Château d'Yquem, belongs to the absolute top of the Sauternes wines. Rieussec has the status of 1st Grand Cru 1855. Rieussec is owned by Les Domaines Barons de Rothschild. The beautiful bottle can be used as a water carafe or vase after use! Château Rieussec is one of the best houses in Sauternes and is Premier Cru Classé classified. The 2020 harvest was very small in Sauternes and no more than 9,500 bottles were made in 2020.
The Château Rieussec Sauternes Premier Grand Cru Classé 2019 is a blend of Semillon 89%, Sauvignon blanc 9%, Muscadelle 2%. The Château Rieussec has a delicate golden color with soft green shimmer. Intense nose with enormous aromatic richness. The first notes of citrus zest are followed by lemon tart and then toasty notes reminiscent of freshly baked brioche. The taste offers mandarin zest and candied orange, enlivened by a touch of star anise that underlines the aromatic freshness of the wine. Dense and rich, the taste has good length with a pleasant hint of bitterness in the aftertaste. Despite the alcohol percentage of 14%, Rieussec is always light-footed in the base but sizzling in the mouth.
- A certified organic wine, made from 100% recycled materials.
- Very small production of 9500 bottles
- An innovative bottle design for a Sauternes wine, with colored glass
- A new label from 2019, graphic and bold, with the emblematic gold crown
- A "recorking" stopper is attached to each bottle. With a replaceable hermetic closure, the Rieussec bottle can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. Once empty it's easy to remove the label and turn the bottle into a water pitcher or vase.
The absolute top with renowned Château d'Yquem among dessert wines. Rieussec has the status of 1st Grand Cru 1855. Rieussec is owned by Les Domaines Barons de Rothschild. Château Rieussec has been a leading wine in Sauternes for generations. Ranked a Premier Grand Cru in 1855, it is made with a subtle blend of Sémillon, Sauvignon and Muscadelle.
|Type of Wine||Red|
|Grape||Muscadelle, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon|
|Drinking as of||2023|
|Tasting Profiles||Complex, Aged on wood, Powerful, Spicy, Rich, Round, Steenfruit, Full, Sweet|
|Drink moments||Indruk maken, Lekker luxe|
Login and Registration Form