2021 Bernardus Chardonnay Monterey County

31.95 26.40

?

_
8 in stock
Backorders possible
Gift wrapping possible in cart
Type of Wine White
Country USA
Region Californie
Appellation Monterey County
Winery Bernardus
Vintage 2021
Grape Chardonnay
Content (Alc) 0.75 ltr (14%)
Drink window 2023 - 2027
View all characteristics Discover more about this wine

Almost by chance, former Dutch racing driver Ben Pon (you know, from the Pon family, which is an importer of VW, Audi and Porsche, among others) acquired a piece of land on the Californian slopes behind Carmel Valley Village in 1989. Here he started his Bernardus Winery with the aim of producing wines that rival the greatest Bordeaux and Grand Crus.

The vineyards in the Carmel Valley are carefully planted with various grape varieties, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and Sauvignon Blanc. While Bordeaux style varieties grow in vineyards in Carmel Valley, Chardonnay is cultivated in cool maritime climates, namely in the Monterey Bay. Grapes from other appellations in California are used to add nuances to the Bernardus blends.

The Bernardus Chardonnay is made from chardonnay grapes that are harvested by hand and then gently pressed. 90% of Chardonnay is fermented in French oak barrels, of which approximately 1/3 is new oak. The remaining 10% is fermented in stainless steel barrels.

The Bernardus Chardonnay comes from the vineyards in Monterey County and has a light golden yellow color in the glass and intense aromas of white flowers, acacia, exotic fruit. A spicy, round wine with a long and powerful aftertaste and this wine is for lovers of a full-bodied chardonnay with the well-known butter and vanilla notes.

Vineyard for 2021 Bernardus Chardonnay Monterey County

Bernardus makes dreams come true.

Almost by chance, the former Dutch racing driver Ben Pon (you know the Dutch importer of VW, Audi and Porsche, among others) acquired a piece of land on the Californian slopes behind Carmel Valley Village in 1989. Here he started his Bernardus Winery with the aim of producing red wines that rival the greatest Bordeaux and Grand Crus. The vineyards in the Carmel Valley are carefully planted with various grape varieties, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and Sauvignon Blanc. While the Bordeaux style varieties grow in the Carmel Valley vineyards, the Chardonnay is cultivated in cool maritime climates, namely in the Monterey Bay. Grapes from other California appellations are used to add nuances to the Bernardus blends.

More Information
Type of Wine White
Country USA
Region Californie
Appellation Monterey County
Winery Bernardus
Grape Chardonnay
Biological certified No
Natural wine No
Vegan No
Vintage 2021
Drinking as of 2023
Drinking till 2027
Alcohol % 14
Alcohol free/low No
Content 0.75 ltr
Oak aging Yes
Sparkling No
Dessert wine No
Closure Screw cap
James Suckling rating 92
Tasting Profiles Dry, Aged on wood, Powerful, Rich, Round, Full, White fruit
Drink moments Barbecue, Cadeau!, Lekker luxe, Met vrienden, Open haard, Romantisch
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:2021 Bernardus Chardonnay Monterey County
Your Rating

Grandcruwijnen

Which dish goes perfectly with this wine?

Our online smart sommelier will help you!

Latest review

18.02.2024

2021 Les Bories Merlot

"Op vlotte wijze besteld èn geleverd. Wat ons het meeste opviel was de z..." Ketelaars

View product review